piektdiena, 2026. gada 3. jūlijs

sukham icchāmi

 The Sanskrit phrase "sukham icchāmi" literally 

means "I desire happiness" or "I wish 

for comfort/well-being."


Breakdown of the Phrase


  • Sukham (सुखम्): This is a neuter noun meaning happiness, 
  • pleasure, comfort, or well-being. It is derived from the 
  • root su (good) and often refers to both physical and mental 
  • contentment.
  • Icchāmi (इच्छामि): This is the first person singular form 
  • of the verb icch (to desire, wish, or want) in the present tense.
  • It translates to "I desire" or "I wish."

Combined Meaning


Putting the words together:

Sukham icchāmi = “I desire happiness” or “I wish for comfort.” 
It expresses a personal aspiration or hope for well-being,
contentment, or joy.

Grammatical Notes


  • The verb icchāmi governs the accusative case, but in Sanskrit 
  • idiom, neuter nouns like sukham often appear in the 
  • nominative/accusative in simple expressions of desire.
  • This phrase is commonly used in spiritual, philosophical, 
  • and everyday contexts to express a personal wish 
  • for peace and well-being.

Examples of Usage


  • Someone might say this in a meditative or prayerful context,
  • intending mental or spiritual happiness.
  • It can also appear in classical Sanskrit literature to express
  • a character’s personal desire or longing for comfort, joy, 
  • or well-being.

In summary, “sukham icchāmi” is a concise way to convey “I wish 
for happiness” in Sanskrit, combining a noun denoting well-being 
and a verb expressing personal desire.

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru

anārtava

  Anārtava (अनार्तव) is a Sanskrit term meaning “unseasonable” or “premature,” and in Ayurvedic and classical contexts, it can also refer sp...