pirmdiena, 2026. gada 13. jūlijs

girergrāmaṁ gacchāmi

 The Sanskrit phrase "girergrāmaṁ gacchāmi" translates to "I go to the mountain village" in English.


Word-by-Word Breakdown


  • gireḥ (गिरेः) genitive singular of giri, meaning "of the mountain" or
  • "from the mountain" depending on context. In compound usage, it often 
  • conveys "mountain" as an adjective.
  • grāmaṁ (ग्रामं) accusative singular of grāma, meaning "village," serving 
  • as the direct object of the verb.
  • gacchāmi (गच्छामि) first person singular present tense of the verb 
  • gacchati, meaning "I go."


Interpretation


When combined, "girergrāmaṁ" functions as a compound noun phrase 
meaning "mountain village," and "gacchāmi" indicates the action. Therefore, 
the natural English translation is:

"I go to the mountain village."


Additional Notes


  • Sanskrit often uses compounds (sandhi) where two nouns combine
  • for descriptive meaning; here, gire (mountain) and grāmaṁ (village) 
  • form a locative idea.
  • The verb gacchāmi is in the present indicative, so the action is currently 
  • happening or expressed habitually.
  • Depending on context, it could also be interpreted as "I am going to 
  • the village in the mountains" while preserving the literal sense.

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru

anās

  In Sanskrit, "Anās" (अनास्) is an adjective meaning "without  a mouth or face," and it appears in classical texts such...