ceturtdiena, 2026. gada 7. maijs

tathāham api padma ja

 The Sanskrit phrase “tathāham api padma ja” can 

be translated as “I too am born from the lotus” or 

“I too am lotus-born,” conveying sense of shared 

divine origin or purity.


Word-by-word analysis


  • tathā – means "thus," "in the same way," or "so"
  • aham – means "I"
  • api – means "also," "too," or "even"
  • padma – means "lotus"
  • ja – root meaning "born" or "produced from"


Literal meaning


Putting it together, the phrase literally reads:
“thus also am born from the lotus.”

Contextual and philosophical interpretation


  • Lotus-born (padma-ja) is term often used in Sanskrit 
  • literature to denote purity, beauty, and divine birth. It 
  • appears in Hindu scriptures to describe deities or 
  • spiritually elevated beings who emerge from the lotus, 
  • symbolizing liberation from worldly attachments.
  • tathāaham api emphasizes inclusion or identification: 
  • "I too," suggesting that the speaker is aligning themselves 
  • with divine or pure origin similarly attributed to sacred 
  • beings or gods.


Possible usage


This phrase could appear in devotional poetry, philosophical 
discourse, or mystical aphorisms, highlighting the speaker’s 
recognition of divine nature or spiritual kinship with lotus-born figures like the goddess Lakshmi, who is traditionally 
described as born from lotus.

Summary:

"tathāham api padma ja" literally means "I too am born of the 
lotus," and it conveys spiritual affirmation of purity, transcendence, 
or shared divine essence.

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru

anājānat

  “Anājānat” is a Sanskrit adjective meaning “not learned” or “not perceiving,” derived from the root jñā, which relates to knowledge or und...