otrdiena, 2026. gada 30. jūnijs

aśvaṁ yacchāmi aśvaśca śāmyati

 The phrase "aśvaṁ yacchāmi aśvaśca śāmyati" in Devanagari script is: अश्वं यच्छामि अश्वश्च शाम्यति

Explanation and Notes


The phrase "aśvaṁ yacchāmi aśvaśca śāmyati" can be dissected 

and analyzed using classical Sanskrit grammar and Advaita-Vedanta 

context:


  1. Word-by-word breakdown (IAST transliteration):
    • aśvaṁ the horse (accusative singular of aśva, "horse")
    • yacchāmi I give, I grant, I bestow (yach "to give; to grant")
    • aśvaśca and the horse; here, ca is the connective particle "and"
    • śāmyati is tamed, calms, becomes obedient (śam "to be pacified, subdued, or controlled")
  2. Literal translation:
    • "I grant the horse, and the horse becomes pacified."
  3. Interpretive context:
    • The structure resembles the classical Sanskrit dose-effect relationship seen in texts of Dharma and Epic literature: the giver’s act (granting) results in a corresponding effect on the object or recipient (here, the horse becomes tamed).
    • Philosophically, in Indic literature, such sentences also often carry a subtle analogy: disciplined action (yachāmi) produces alignment with natural order or internal harmony (śāmyati), reflecting both practical and symbolic meanings.
  4. Grammar notes:
    • yacchāmi is in present tense, first person singular, active voice.
    • śāmyati is in present tense, third person singular, mediopassive, signifying the horse itself experiences taming.
    • The particle ca linking the two parts conveys simultaneity or conjunction: the act of giving and the outcome are immediately connected.
  5. Alternate free translation (philosophical flavor):
    • "I give the horse, and it obeys."
    • Or, in broader Advaita-style metaphor: "When I release or dedicate, the horse (representing desire or mind) aligns and calms."
This phrase could be illustrative in classical Sanskrit literature or ritual manuals, symbolizing controlled action, surrender, or the interplay between agency and effect. It reflects both literal and metaphorical levels, depending on context.

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru

anapakarman

  Anapakarman (Sanskrit: अनपकर्मन्) is a neuter noun in Sanskrit that generally means "non-performance of a prescribed action" or ...