otrdiena, 2026. gada 30. jūnijs

duḥkhena grāmaṁ tyajāmi

 The Sanskrit phrase "duḥkhena grāmaṁ tyajāmi"

is written in Devanagari as: दु:खेन ग्रामं त्यजामि

The Sanskrit phrase "duḥkhena grāmaṁ tyajāmi" translates

to "I abandon the village because of suffering" 

or "I leave the village due to sorrow."


Breakdown of the Transliteration


  • duḥkhena (दु:खेन): "duḥkha" (दुःख) means suffering, "-ena"
  • is the instrumental case ending, forming "by/with suffering"
  • grāmaṁ (ग्रामं): "grāma" (village) with the accusative singular 
  • ending "ṁ", meaning "the village"
  • tyajāmi (त्यजामि): first person singular present of "tyaj" (त्यज्)
  • meaning "I abandon" or "I leave"
 

Detailed Explanation


Word-by-word breakdown:

  • duḥkhena: This is the instrumental singular of duḥkha, meaning
  • "by/with sorrow, suffering, or grief"
  • grāmaṁ: Accusative singular of grāma, meaning "village"
  • tyajāmi: First-person singular present of the verb tyaj, meaning
  • "I abandon, leave, or give up"


Interpretation


When combined, the phrase expresses the speaker's reason for
leaving a place: due to suffering or hardships, they are abandoning 
or leaving the village. It conveys both physical departure and emotional 
motivation connected to distress or difficulty.

This kind of phrase is typical in classical Sanskrit literature, where
both literal and emotional contexts are articulated through concise 
word forms.

Nav komentāru:

Ierakstīt komentāru

anapakarman

  Anapakarman (Sanskrit: अनपकर्मन्) is a neuter noun in Sanskrit that generally means "non-performance of a prescribed action" or ...